Darkglass Electronics B3K
is back-ordered. We will be in contact regarding this item.
The newest Microtubes B3K revision features great upgrades! Same tone, greater reliability, Relay true bypass and 100% handmade in the USA.
The B3K delivers an immense amount of sounds, from warm, clear, and punchy tube-like Overdrives, to devastating Raging Bass Distortions, all without losing a gram of low end or definition! Doesn't matter if you play pop, rock or metal. This is the Bass Distortion you've been always waiting for.
"This is an elegantly designed and pleasingly small pedal with a big overdrive sound, interesting parameters, and the essential blend knob. Highly recommended."
- Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Nine Inch Nails/Beck
"Truly bone crushing overdrive pedals. Seriously, this is the heaviest sound I've ever had. Beyond stoked."
-Alex Webster, Cannibal Corpse/Blotted Science
"I'm completely blown away with the B3K. For such a small pedal with 3 knobs, it produces a ridiculously massive sound! It has been a great tool for me to have in the studio, there is such a variety of tones you can achieve with it. Even when you drive it hard, the low end is still amazingly clear, which is exactly what I need!"
- Romesh Dodangoda, Producer for Motorhead, Funeral For A Friend, Lostprophets, Kids In Glass Houses, The Blackout, among many others!
- If you want to get Fuzzy tones out of the Microtubes, you can do so by rolling down the tone control of your bass, if it´s passive, or treble if it has an active preamp, and set the Grunt switch to Fat mode, this will provide some mean , hysteric, woolly tones!
- Level: Controls the level of the Overdriven Signal.
- Blend: Allows to mix exactly how much clean signal you want to mix with the Overdriven.
- Drive: Sets the amount of gain for this pedal.
- Grunt Switch: Choose between 3 different Bass boost levels before the gain stages. This interacts with the Drive knob, so you can choose how much of bass you want to saturate
- Attack Switch: This switch features the same "Ultra Hi" option in most tube bass amps. And it allows you to choose how much treble content you want to saturate. The Boost setting gives more clarity, presence and definition. The Off option will round up your sound, making it a bit warmer and less sharp.
- For ecological reasons, non of our products will ever again include battery snaps! The B3K can be powered with a regulated 9V power supply (center negative). You can also experiment with 12V power supply for extra headroom.
- Indestructible Relay True bypass! Still True bypass, except that it won't break. Ever.
- Original Design featuring Hybrid JFET and CMOS gain stages for a natural dynamic response.